- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 20 g olive oil
- 750 g diced lamb (3-4 cm cubes), I used a mix of rump & topside lamb
- 600 g Potatos, chopped into 3-4cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli powder or flakes
- 2 heaped teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 heaped teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 400 g can chopped tomatos
- 80ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons TM vegie stock paste
- 100 g frozen peas
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Salt & pepper to taste
1h 30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. chop onion & garlic 3 secs, speed 5
2. scrape down sides of bowl
3. add olive oil & saute 5 mins, varoma, speed 1 mc off
4. add coriander, cumin, chilli and diced lamb. cook 5 mins, 120deg reverse, speed1 - mc off
5. loosen with spatula & repeat cooking time from step 4. loosen meat with spatula again
6. add tomatos & coconut milk and cook for 50 mins, 100 degs, reverse, speed 1. place varoma onto lid with potatoes inside.
After 20 mins you could add extra vegies to the varoma for serving (optional) cooking time may vary for these depending on what vegies you choose and how you like them!
7. check potatoes and if cooked place into thermoserver. check meat and depending on which cut you used you can continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes with the basket on top so that it keeps reducing.
8. once meat is finished remove varoma and set aside.
9. Add peas and cook 3-5mins 100 deg reverse, speed 1 to heat through
10. transfer potato and meat to thermoserver and gently stir through to combine. season to taste.
11. leave in server if you are cooking rice next, or you may have cooked earlier....up to you. rinse bowl roughly!
12. rice: weigh basmati rice into basket (300g), remove and rinse while in basket. add 1000g water to bowl and place basket back in. cook 16 mins, 100 deg, speed 4.
13. serve with rice and/or vegies if you desire topped with natural yoghurt and extra coriander leaves.
Cooking time will increase if you cook rice as well, by about 20 minutes
You can increase chilli for more flavour, you could use chilli powder if you don't have flakes.
This is converted from a donna hay recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce