- 250 grams ice
- 200g bacon, rind removed and diced
- 100 grams chicken liver
- 700 grams pork mince, finely ground and fatty
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon beetroot juice, or 1 tablespoon powder
- 2 tablespoons chestnut flour
Recipe is created for
- Grease you loaf tin well with butter, pork or beef fat. Set aside in the fridge for the fat to set.
- First crush the ice in the mixing bowl for 10 secs./speed 10. Set aside in the freezer.
- On speed 6 slowly incorporate the other half of the ice.
- Cut yourself a nice thick slice and enjoy with mustard and pickles. Also great cold in a roll or as part of a picnic style lunch. Fried until crispy with a fried egg for breakfast or steamed in the Varoma to reheat for a lovely weeknight dinner with mash and steamed vege.
I have looked everywhere for some "grain" free or GAPS friendly small goods, ones without even gluten free rice flour. And the result has left me very hungry… So I decided to make my own! Now a Leberkäse for those who have not had it is like a big loaf of good Frankfurt sausage. You slice it and eat it cold or hot, steamed and juicy or gently fried until crispy. Amazing. So with a lot of research I have made this plain version, as well as an enriched on with actual liver (as the name does imply). Rather that use chemical pickling salts to get the pink colour, I used home made fermented beetroot Kvass. You could just use a little beetroot puree or juice or even powder. This really is essential for the right colour. I could have mixed the pork myself in the Thermomix, but I opted to get some pre minced from my local butcher who only sells it that way (minced to order). To cut out some of the work for poor Thermy and make it a quicker job.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou