- 500 grams leftover roast meat (i used pork belly), excess fat removed and cut in approx 2cm cubes
- handful of parsley
- 1 brown onion, Peeled and quatered
- 4 Shortcut rashes of bacon, Roughly chopped
- 1 Large carrot, Peeled and small diced
- 1 medium zucchini, small diced
- 100 grams sweet potato, peeled and small diced
- 100 grams mushrooms, small diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil of chioce
- 1 Cup water
- 1 heaped teaspoon Chicken stock concentrate
- 50 grams plain flour
- 80 grams Butter
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, (or EDC puff pastry if desired)
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c.
Place sheets of puff pastry out to thaw (or make if making your own.)
Place parsley into bowl. Blitz 3 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down edges and repeat if neccessary.
Place meat into bowl. Shred 5 seconds, speed 5. Remove from bowl and place in sepetare large container. Do not wash bowl.
Add onion and bacon into bowl. Chop 5 seconds speed 5. Scrape down edges and repeat if necessary.
Add vegetables, seasoning and oil into bowl. Cook 10 minutes, varoma temp, speed 1. Once cooked, remove from bowl and place with meat and parsley mix. Do not wash bowl.
Add water, stock concentrate, flour and butter to bowl. Cook 2 minutes, 100, speed 3. Remove from bowl and place with meat and vegetable mix. Mix all together with spatula until evenly mixed. Let cool a little.
Prepare pie dish with pastry (i used a baking dish to get a thin layer of pie filling with lots of pastry - kids love this. You can use a smaller deeper dish if you want a larger quantity pie filling to pastry ratio.)
Spread pie filling over pastry base. Top with remaining pastry sheet. You can do a solid sheet, or a lattice strip top if desired.
Bake until pastry of nice and golden brown. Allow to sit for a few minutes once removed from oven. Cut, serve and ENJOY
You could use almost any left over meat for this - steak, roast chicken/turkey/beef/lamb, chicken breast etc.
You can also swap around the veggies to what your family likes/what you have available.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Burgers / Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Mince Meat Pie
- Ham and Chicken Meatballs
- Meatballs with Hidden Kale
- Whole Baked Chinese style Kampung Chicken
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls - Cha Gio
- Nan's Zucchini Slice
- Bourbon Lime & Ginger Ham Glaze
- Cel's Delicious Honey Chicken
- Spicy Lamb Marinade
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- double choc muffins
- Plum Cobbler
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- lchf savoury muffins (sam wood)
- Heidi's German Marble cake