- 500 grams leftover roast meat (i used pork belly), excess fat removed and cut in approx 2cm cubes
- handful of parsley
- 1 brown onion, Peeled and quatered
- 4 Shortcut rashes of bacon, Roughly chopped
- 1 Large carrot, Peeled and small diced
- 1 medium zucchini, small diced
- 100 grams sweet potato, peeled and small diced
- 100 grams mushrooms, small diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil of chioce
- 1 Cup water
- 1 heaped teaspoon Chicken stock concentrate
- 50 grams plain flour
- 80 grams Butter
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, (or EDC puff pastry if desired)
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c.
Place sheets of puff pastry out to thaw (or make if making your own.)
Place parsley into bowl. Blitz 3 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down edges and repeat if neccessary.
Place meat into bowl. Shred 5 seconds, speed 5. Remove from bowl and place in sepetare large container. Do not wash bowl.
Add onion and bacon into bowl. Chop 5 seconds speed 5. Scrape down edges and repeat if necessary.
Add vegetables, seasoning and oil into bowl. Cook 10 minutes, varoma temp, speed 1. Once cooked, remove from bowl and place with meat and parsley mix. Do not wash bowl.
Add water, stock concentrate, flour and butter to bowl. Cook 2 minutes, 100, speed 3. Remove from bowl and place with meat and vegetable mix. Mix all together with spatula until evenly mixed. Let cool a little.
Prepare pie dish with pastry (i used a baking dish to get a thin layer of pie filling with lots of pastry - kids love this. You can use a smaller deeper dish if you want a larger quantity pie filling to pastry ratio.)
Spread pie filling over pastry base. Top with remaining pastry sheet. You can do a solid sheet, or a lattice strip top if desired.
Bake until pastry of nice and golden brown. Allow to sit for a few minutes once removed from oven. Cut, serve and ENJOY
You could use almost any left over meat for this - steak, roast chicken/turkey/beef/lamb, chicken breast etc.
You can also swap around the veggies to what your family likes/what you have available.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto
- Chicken, Chorizo and potato all in one
- Boccongini stuffed meatballs
- Pork and Fennel Ragu
- chicken bacon meatloaf with caper butter sauce
- Chicken noodle balls
- HCG or Keto Beef Chili
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- brioche rolls masterchef
- No Bake Lactation Bites
- The Daily Mix - Spreadable Butter
- Marscapone, Caramelised onion and Tomato Tart
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Light Fruit Cake
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto