- 300 g prawn meat, shelled, uncooked
- 300 g chicken mince
- 35 g Spring onion (= 2 spring onions), cut in 3cm pieces
- 105 g Chinese Sausage (Lap Cheong), cut in 3cm pieces
- 20 g fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, (= approx 15g)
- 4 small Thai chillies
- 1/2 level teaspoon white pepper
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour, (=25g approx)
- 1 level tablespoon light soy sauce
- 20 g sesame oil
- 4 sprigs corriander leaves, (=10-15g approx)
- 200 g basmati rice, uncooked
1h 25minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place 200g of Basmati rice in a bowl and cover with cold water, allow to soak 1hr.
Place in Thermomix bowl: Ginger, Garlic, Spring Onion, Chilli, Corriander, Chinese Sausage & Prawn meat, chop 3 seconds speed 7.
Add: White Pepper, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Cornflour, Chicken Mince, mix 10 seconds speed 3.
Put dumpling mix in another bowl.
Rinse Thermomix Bowl and fill with 1000g water, heat 10 minutes varoma temperature, speed 1.5.
Drain soaked rice.
Roll tablespoon size amounts of dumpling mix in soaked rice, place on varma tray in preparation for steaming.
Steam 25 minutes Varoma Temprature, speed 1.5.
Makes around 30 Lion's Head Dumplings.
Seafood free option - replace prawns with pork mince.
Serve with Sweet Chili Sauce, Nam Jim or other Asian dipping sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce