- 2 stalks lemongrass, white section cut, cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 pieces eschalots, (alternatively known as small red onions)
- 1 piece tumeric, (approximately 3cm length knob)
- 3 pieces large red chilies, (de-seed if you want to reduce spiciness)
- 12 pieces dried red chilies
- 10 pieces candle nuts (buah keras), (or macadamias)
- 50 g Shrimp paste (Belacan)
- 1 piece Galangal knobs, peeled, (approximately 4-5cm knob)
- 20 g oil, (coconut oil or peanut oil will work best)
- 400 g rice noodles, fresh, (flat noodles, similar to pad thai or banh pho)
- 1.5 litres Boiling water, (for preparing the noodles)
- 40 g oil, (coconut oil or peanut oil)
- 30 g chicken stock paste
- 400 g coconut milk, (tinned)
- 1.5 litre water, (for laksa broth)
- 500 g chicken, (deboned thigh or breast meat)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- 250 g fried tofu puffs
- 500 g bean sprouts, fresh
- 3 sprigs vietnamese mint
Place all the ingredients except the oil in the TM bowl.
Blend 10 sec/speed 10.
Scrape down ingredients with spatula.
Blend 10 sec/speed 10 - or until the paste is relatively smooth. It's important to ensure that most of the lemongrass, onions and chilies are blended smoothly. If not, add another 10-20g oil and blend again. The balance of wetness will help smooth the paste.
Place the rice noodles in your ThermoServer. Add freshly boiled water into the ThermoServer with the noodles.
Let this sit for approximately 5 minutes or until the noodles are loose.
Then drain out the water using the TM Simmering Basket. Set aside.
1. With the laksa paste still in the TM bowl, add 40g oil.
2. Saute for 3-4 min / Varoma / speed 1. The oil should separate, and fragrant.
3. Add chicken stock paste and water inside TM bowl. Close TM lid.
4. Place chicken meat on the Varoma tray.
5. Cook 15 min / Varoma / speed 1.
6. Add soy sauce and coconut milk.
7. Cook 5 min / Varoma / speed 1.
Ensure chicken is cooked through, then prepare to serve.
Portion noodles into serving bowls.
Place fried tofu puffs and bean sprouts over noodles.
Cut chicken meat into slices to place over noodles.
Pour Laksa broth into respective bowls.
Add Vietnamese mint leaves to garnish.
If you'd like to keep some laksa paste, take half of the paste to freeze.
To control spiciness levels:
For a spicier laksa, use birds eye chilies.
For a less spicy laksa, add another 400ml tin of coconut milk or use 400ml of coconut cream instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Sambal Belacan Tumis (Fried Chili Shrimp Paste)
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Jaffa Slice