- 2 onions, halved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 100 grams ginger, peeled
- 40 grams Butter
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 320 grams arborio rice
- 500 grams chicken thigh, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon TM Vegetable or Chicken stock Paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes dried
- 100 grams tomatoes, diced
- 200 grams butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400 grams chick peas, drained
- 650 grams water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic and ginger in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
Add butter and oil and sauté 3 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
Insert Butterfly whisk. Add rice and sauté 1 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
Add chicken, stock paste, spices, tomatoes, pumpkin, chick peas and water and cook 22 min/100 degrees/ speed 1.5.
Accessories you need
This dish utilises the full capacity of the TM5. To ensure that you don't go over the maximum fill line, add the water last and adjust as needed. You can always add the remaining water after it has been cooking for a few minutes.
You can easily adapt this recipe as vegetarian dish and it would still be very yummy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice