- 340 g lamb strap or leg lamb, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red onion
- 20 g EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper & sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 sml vine ripened tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 175 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- 150 g fetta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pinenuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 330 g tepid water
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Dry Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Raw caster sugar
- 250 g white spelt flour
- 250g g wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds of choice
Place the water, milk powder, yeast, sugar, salt and oil into the TM bowl. Mix for 5-10 seconds on speed 4 until well mixed. Add the flour (+ seeds) and continue mixing for 6 seconds on speed 8 to combine.
Set the dial to. Knead the dough for 2 minutes on . Transfer the pizza dough to a floured bowl and allow to rest to double in size. I place in a stainless steel bowl in a preheated oven at 40 degrees C for 30 minutes with a clean, damp tea towel placed over the bowl.
Divide the dough into two (approximately 460g each) and shape into a ball. Allow to rest for a further 15 minutes on a floured surface. Shape into two large pizzas. NOTE: freeze extra dough for later, just wrap in plastic, place inside a ziplock blag and store in the freezer.
Preheat oven to 220 degrees C and prepare two pizza pans with olive oil and a sprinkling of flour.
Mince the lamb in TM bowl by pulsing the Turbo button a few times. Put the mince aside.
Add the red onion and garlic clove to the TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 7.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add spices and oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees C on speed 1. For more of a kick add extra cayenne, this amount is child-friendly
Add the mince and cook for 5-7 miinutes at 100 degrees C at speed 1 or until any liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the mince from the bowl and set aside.
Rinse out the TM bowl and fill with 500g water. Use the Varoma to steam your pumpkin. I didn't have any in the fridge when I made this pizza for the photo (above), but it is a lovely addition.
While the pumpkin is steaming, spoon the tomato paste over the pizza bases. Divide the lamb mixture, sliced tomatoes, pumpkin, fetta and pinenuts between the two rounds. Place on pizza trays and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pizza is browned.
Scatter with freshly chopped mint and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Spelt pizza base
Moroccan Lamb pizza topping
Accessories you need
Add drained, canned baby beetroot (cut into chunks) instead of pumpkin. Add to pizza with fresh mint after cooking.
Use natural yoghurt blended with fresh mint in place of the fetta or you could make this pizza dairy-free by omitting the fetta/yoghurt topping ingredient.
Add fresh baby spinach leaves.
Make this pizza gluten-free by using Quirky Cooking's gluten-free pizza dough.
Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mixingituphk
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Hamburger Patties
- Beef, Veg and Mushroom Pie
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Hainanese Chicken and Rice-cheats version(this is a one pot wonder)
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Carrot & Red Onion Slaw
- Mini bakewell tarts
- Fudgy raw cacao bean, date & goji treat balls
- Dark chocolate, oat and spelt biscuits
- Cacao Anzacs
- Wheat, nut & dairy-free muesli slice/ bars
- Banana, oat and spelt pancakes
- Cheesy-mite scrolls (wholemeal)
- Raw Cacao bean & Goji berry treat balls
- Warm Jerusalem artichoke and baby kale dip
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Beetroot Burgers
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds