- 1 Medium whole chicken
- 1 zest of 1 lemon, peeled with potato peeler
- 1 Zest of 1 orange, peeled with a potato peeler
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 10 sprigs Thyme
- 1 lemon
- 1.5 litres water
- 1-2 broccoli, cut into pieces
- 8 baby potatoes
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
Place lemon and orange zest in TM bowl and zest for 15seconds/speed 8.
Add half the thyme (leaves only), honey and soy sauce and mix 2-3seconds/speed 2.
Place chicken in Varoma dish (resting on Varoma lid) and stuff with remaining thyme and quartered lemon. Tie legs together with string if you wish.
Cover the chicken with the mixture in your TM bowl, using your hands or a basting brush to spread it evenly over the top and bottom of the chicken.
Add 1.5L water to the TM bowl (no need to rinse), and steam for 60minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
When finished, remove chicken from Varoma into Thermoserver (or if you want a more 'roast' feel, into an oven at 200C), leaving remaining liquid in TM bowl.
Place all vegetables (or vegetables of your choice) into the Varoma dish, and steam for 15minutes/Varoma/speed 2 or until steamed to yoru liking. (Do not discard liquid.)
Slowly add cornflour through hole in TM lid to the reserved liquid with TM mixing on speed 4. Take care not to add it on top of the blades or it won't be incorporated. Stop when the gravy is thickened to your liking.
If you put your chicken in the oven, take it out now and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise