- 4 pieces Osso Bucco
- 50 grams plain flour
- 2 sticks Celery, (ends removed)
- 2 carrots, 2" pieces, cut on an angle
- 2 spring onions, 2" pieces
- 30 grams olive oil
- 30 grams Butter
- 130 grams dry white wine
- 30 grams Vegetable stock paste
- 600 grams hot water
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes, tinned or fresh
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Lightly coat osso bucco in plain flour and dust off excess.
Pan fry 5 mins on each side, with a little additional olive oil.
Whilst the osso bucco are browning...
Add celery, carrots and spring onion to Thermomix bowl.
Chop 5 seconds / Speed 5
Scrape down bowl.
Add olive oil and butter
Saute 8 minutes / 100°C / REVERSE / speed 1 - MC OFF
Add vegetable stock, white wine, tomatoes and place osso bucco in the bowl.
Add hot water and fill to the max line in the bowl.
Place steaming basket on top of lid.
Cook for 60 minutes / Varoma / REVERSE / spoon speed
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(check tenderness of meat after 40 minutes - mine were thick cuts)
Serve with brown rice and warmed, crusty bread with homemade butter. Tender and delicious!
Choose thinner cuts of osso bucco if you wish to have them cook faster.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sticky Pork Belly
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Beef hotpot
- Meatballs in sauce
- Chicken Satay Noodles
- lchf chicken with lemon thyme
- Rick's Favourite Curried Chicken
- Braised pork with bamboo shoots and sticky rice
- Another of Variation Beef & Red Wine Casserole
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Nanna's Pasties
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake