- 2 tomatoes (approx. 200 g) deseeded and cut into eighths
- 2 brown onions (approx. 250 g), cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove
- 3-4 sprigs fresh sage, leaves only
- 30 g Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp caraway seeds
- 800 g pork fillet, trimmed and cut into pieces (approx. 2-3 cm) (see Tips)
- 250 g tomato passata
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, cut into slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 red capsicum (approx. 70 g), deseeded and cut into thin slices (5 mm)
- 0.5 green capsicum (approx 70 g), deseeded and cut into thin slices (5 mm)
- 4-5 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only
- 500-550 g cauliflower, broken into florets (3 cm)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 540 g water
- 200-250 g broccolini, trimmed
- 80 g natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place tomatoes into a thermal serving bowl (ThermoServer) or another large bowl and set aside.
Place onion, garlic and sage into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add oil, paprika and caraway seeds and sauté 2 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add pork and cook 2 min/90°C//speed 1. Gently stir using spatula.
Add tomato passata, tomato paste and stock paste and cook 6-8 min/90°C//speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl, unitl pork is tender and cooked through.
Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and capsicums and cook 2 min/90°C//speed , placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Transfer into a thermal serving bowl (ThermoServer) with reserved tomatoes, stir to combine with tomatoes and cover to keep warm. Clean dry mixing bowl.
Place oregano into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
Place cauliflower into mixing bowl and chop 2-3 sec//speed 5. Transfer chopped cauliflower into Varoma dish and set aside.
Place garlic, spring onion/shallots, parsley and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add stock paste and 40 g of the water and heat 30 sec/50°C/speed 1. Pour mixture over cauliflower in Varoma and mix well using spatula (herb mixture is thick and shouldn't drip through holes in Varoma).
Place remaining 500 g water into mixing bowl, then place Varoma into position, insert Varom tray and weigh broccolini into it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 12-15 min/Varoma/ speed 2, until broccolini and cauliflower pilaf are cooked to your liking.
Serve pork stew with cauliflower pilaf and broccolini. Garnish with chopped oregano and yoghurt (optional).
Cauliflower pilaf and broccolini
Pork fillet, is also sold as pork tenderloin. We suggest using the highest quality pork that you can afford. Lean pork steak, with all visible fat removed, can also be used in this recipe.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or the Everyday Cookbook for the Chicken stock paste recipe.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise