- 135 g onion, Quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 300 g pork mince
- 400 g pearl barley
- 240 g spinach, Roughly Chopped
- 175 g white wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock, from "Basic Cook Book"
- 1000 g water
- ground black pepper, to taste
- handful of Flat Parsley, Finely Chopped
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion into TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5
Add Olive Oil and saute 3 min/120°C/speed 1
Add pork mince. Mix 10 sec/speed 4
Then cook 3 min/120°C/speed 1
Add pearl barley. Saute 1 min/120°C//speed 1.5
Add spinach and white wine. Saute 2 min/varoma/speed 3
Stir with the spatula, then 3 min/varoma/speed 1.5
Add the vegetable stock and the water. Mix a little with the spatula, then, placing the simmering basket instead of the Measuring Cup onto the TM bowl lid,
cook 15 min/100°C//speed 1.5
Stir again with the spatula, then again, place the simmering basket instead of the Measuring Cup onto the TM bowl lid,
and then cook for a further 15 min/100°C//speed 1.5
Transfer the meal to your ThermoServer.
Add pepper to taste, and garnish with the parsley.
Rest your dish:-
Leave your meal in the ThermoServer for 15-30 minutes before serving, as it will continue to absorb the moisture. (see the pictures above)
This is like a Pearl Barley Risotto. But do not think it is Gluten-Free. Pearl Barley is NOT!
I love this recipe because I love the texture of Pearl Barley. I love its slightly chewiness.
I'm sure you will too!
Try it, you'll be surprised at how delicious it is!
Instead of the vegetable stock from the "Basic Cookbook", and the water, use 1000g of liquid vegetable stock.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Apple Shortcake
- Blueberry Muffins - (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- German-Style Cake (with mashed potato)
- Chai & White Chocolate Cupcakes