- 135 g onion, Quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 300 g pork mince
- 400 g pearl barley
- 240 g spinach, Roughly Chopped
- 175 g white wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock, from "Basic Cook Book"
- 1000 g water
- ground black pepper, to taste
- handful of Flat Parsley, Finely Chopped
1h 0minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion into TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5
Add Olive Oil and saute 3 min/120°C/speed 1
Add pork mince. Mix 10 sec/speed 4
Then cook 3 min/120°C/speed 1
Add pearl barley. Saute 1 min/120°C//speed 1.5
Add spinach and white wine. Saute 2 min/varoma/speed 3
Stir with the spatula, then 3 min/varoma/speed 1.5
Add the vegetable stock and the water. Mix a little with the spatula, then, placing the simmering basket instead of the Measuring Cup onto the TM bowl lid,
cook 15 min/100°C//speed 1.5
Stir again with the spatula, then again, place the simmering basket instead of the Measuring Cup onto the TM bowl lid,
and then cook for a further 15 min/100°C//speed 1.5
Transfer the meal to your ThermoServer.
Add pepper to taste, and garnish with the parsley.
Rest your dish:-
Leave your meal in the ThermoServer for 15-30 minutes before serving, as it will continue to absorb the moisture. (see the pictures above)
This is like a Pearl Barley Risotto. But do not think it is Gluten-Free. Pearl Barley is NOT!
I love this recipe because I love the texture of Pearl Barley. I love its slightly chewiness.
I'm sure you will too!
Try it, you'll be surprised at how delicious it is!
Instead of the vegetable stock from the "Basic Cookbook", and the water, use 1000g of liquid vegetable stock.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Mum's Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Apple Shortcake
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Cauliflower whip
- Leek potato soup
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls