THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 Carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 onions, brown, Halved
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary, fresh, or 2 heaped teaspoons dry
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan rock salt
- 40 grams Butter
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 500 grams red wine
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 100 grams plain flour
- 800 grams potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 200 grams pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 grams Milk
- additional veggies of choice
1h 41minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place cheese in and grate 10sec/ sp9 then put aside.
Place carrot in the bowl and grate 2sec /sp5 and place in a separate bowl to the side.
Add onion, garlic, rosemary and salt to the bowl and chop 5sec/sp7, scrape down the sides the add the butter and sauté for 3mins/ 100deg / sp1.
While your waiting for that to cook, place your lamb shanks into the varoma dish making sure there is enough room for steam to come up around them. Try placing the thicker part of the shank to the bottom and place a small cut in the thickest part of the shank, this will also assist in cooking quicker.
Once the onion mixture has sautéed, scrape down the sides then add your red wine, stock and flour and place the lid on. Place the varoma on top of the lid and cook 30mins /varoma/ sp2
While the shanks are cooking prepare your potatoes and all other vegetables. Place potatoes in your thermoserver with some water so they don't go brown.
When the time has finished for the shanks turn them over in the varoma, then put the carrots into your bowl with the red wine sauce. Place the varoma back on top and cook for 30 mins / varoma / / sp 1.5. When finished place the lamb shanks and sauce into your thermoserver.
Rinse out your bowl then add 500grams of water, put potatoes and pumpkin in your simmer basket and then place in bowl, place other veggies in varoma (harder ones on bottom, softer ones on varoma tray), making sure steam can get through, put lid and varoma tray on and cook for 20mins /varoma / .
Once finished place varoma on plate, this will keep the heat in while you mash the potatoes and pumpkin. Remove basket from the bowl using edge of spatula. Empty water from the bowl. Place milk into the bowl and heat 3mins / 90deg / sp2, once finished put in your butterfly and give a little clockwise turn to help it lock under the blades, put your potatoes, pumpkin, butter and Parmesan cheese into the bowl and mix 1min 40 secs on sp 3.5. (I added another 40 secs until the way I liked it).
*** I tried and tested this recipe tonight. Changed a few details as needed. Photo was of my dinner.
Add boiling water to thermoserver during cooking. Empty water before adding food to heated thermoserver.
For shanks too big for the thermoserver, I put mine in an oven dish, poured red wine sauce over. Covered with foil and put in oven on lowest temp possible to just keep warm without drying out.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Hot Cross Buns
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)