- 1 Whole chicken, (1.6 - 1.8kg)
- 1/2 onion, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into chunks
- 1 stick Celery, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 30 g honey
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1.5 litres water
1. Rinse cavity of chicken and pat dry
2. Extend legs and wings of chicken to crack joints. Rubber band the legs together and fold wings behind chicken
3. Insert onion, lemon, celery and garlic into the cavity of the chicken
4. Place honey, olive oil, cinnamon, paprika, salt and pepper into Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds / speed 5
5. Pierce the skin of the chicken and brush all over with the honey glaze.
6. Place the water into the Thermomix bowl. Place the chicken into the Varoma and place into position. Cook the chicken for 70 minutes / Varoma / speed 2
7. For a golden brown skin, place the chicken into an oven preheated to 180C and roast for a further 10 - 15 minutes. Alternatively, leave to rest in Varoma for 10 minutes
Use the reserved liquid to create a gravy.
I also cooked some sweet potato in the steam basket (I had to tip out some of the liquid) for the final 10 minutes of the chicken cooking in the Varoma and placed in the oven with the chicken for 10 - 15 minutes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Veggie Patties
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Lamb Shanks
- Thai Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
- Spiced Up Chicken & Potato Curry
- Sous vide steak (TM6)
- No mess rissoles
- Quick Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- JBT Sweet Potato Brownie
- Berry Choc Chunk Bars (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Lemon Meringue Pies (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar free)
- Flu Fighter Immune Builder
- Choc Banana Brownie Pudding (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Coconut Choc Chunk Bars (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Carrot Cake with "Cream Cheese" Frosting (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Pistachio and Cranberry Balls
- Salted Caramel "Cheese" Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Coconut Custard Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Christmas Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Caramel Slice (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)