- 4 clove garlic, Peeled
- 10cm piece ginger
- 1 long red chilli, halved
- 3-4 stalk coriander, Leaves, stems & roots
- 2 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns
- 80 g tamari
- 80 g Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1.2-1.4kg Chicken, Whole, uncooked
- 2 clove garlic
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Few drops of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
1h 30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add Garlic, Ginger, Chilli, Coriander & Sichuan peppercorns to mixing bowl. Blend to form a paste for 1 min, speed 10
Add Tamari, rice wine and coconut oil to paste and mix for 10 sec, speed 6
Place chicken in a bowl and poor over the marinade, rubbing into the chicken well. Place in the fridge for at least an hour or ideally overnight.
Place 1.8L water into the mixing bowl Place chicken in the Varoma dish and set Varoma into position. Steam at Varoma Temp speed 1 for 1 hour 20 mins. Check chicken is cooked. Add more time if needed.
Cover in foil and set aside to rest while you make the sauce.
Add Garlic, Coriander, chilli to mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec, speed 7
Add the honey, tamari, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Mix for 5 sec speed 3
Serve the Chicken with the sauce and a big platter of steamed Asian Greens.
Accessories you need
If you would like crispy skin on your chicken, only steam for 1 hour, then transfer to a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Leek potato soup
- Lola Berry Healthy Paleo Hot Cross Muffins