THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 grams Buckwheat groats, milled in thermomix bowl speed 9 for 1 minute
- 300 grams white spelt flour
- 1 heaped tablespoons olive oil
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 level teaspoons seasalt
- 4 cloves garlic, ( we love the stuff but can add less or more as you wish to taste!)
- 4 whole dried chillies, (again can add more or less)
- 1 brown onion, (peeled and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoons tumeric
- 1 heaped teaspoons paprika
- 1 heaped teaspoons oregano, dired
- 500 grams Minced beef
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 heaped tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 fresh tomato quartered
Weigh into bowl 100g buckwheat groatsAdd 1 teaspoon sea salt
Then mill on speed 9 for 1 minute
Weigh into bowl 300 g white spelt flour
Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Add 2 teaspoons baking powder
Mix together 5 seconds speed 3
Turn dial to 6 then while blades are spinning , slowly add about 1 cup of water until it forms all together.
On Thermomix mat sprinkle about a tablespoon spelt flour and remove dough from bowl onto Matt and shape into a ball. Then I lightly wrap it up and set aside to rest while I prepare everything else. I find this makes it easier to roll out later once it has been left to sit.
- Next I move onto the chilli con carne , you can so easily mince your own meat in the Thermomix , but I already had some premium mince I'd bought on special. Peel and add to bowl 4 cloves of garlic ( we love the stuff) you can add to taste I then add about 5 driedchillies and mince on speed 9 for about 20 seconds Then peel and quarter 1 brown onion and chop in bowl on speed 4 for about 3 seconds, Slice into thick slices half a red capsicum and add to bowl Measure and add :1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon cumin ground 1 teaspoon coriander ground 1 teaspoon paprika ground 1 teaspoon turmeric ground 1 teaspoon oregano Close the lid and cook on varoma reverse speed 1 for 2 minutes Once time is up add to bowl :500 g minced beef 1 can red kidney beans or 400 grams of cooked red kidney beans ( I buy the raw beans and cook in slow cooker with water for about 5 hours then freeze in small portions ) 2 tablespoons Tomato paste ( I make my own and again freeze in small tablespoon portions but jarred paste is fine ) 1 tablespoon Thermomix veggie stock paste 1 fresh tomato chopped ( I had run out of tomatoes so I used about 12 cherry tomatoes and I cut them in half.Close the lid and cook on varoma temperature for 15 minutes reverse speed soft. While the chilli mince is cooking I grate some carrot , tasty cheese and slice and wash some fresh lettuce, then go check my Facebook or Pinterest Once the timer is up place the chilli mince into your thermoserver and put aside. Prepare guacamole from the EDC cookbook and set in small bowl. Another great little side dish / sauce to go with this meal is tomato paste mixed with 1 teaspoon of " Harissa paste " it adds a bit of bite to the tortillas. For the "dairy free sour cream " the recipe I found on quirky cooking says to soak the seeds and nuts over night , but I am way to unorganised to do that tonight so I just go ahead and make with out. I adapted this recipe a little and combined a few ingredients from 2 that are listed on the quirky blog. Dairy free sour cream Add all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blend on speed 9 for 1 minute. Open lid then scrape down sides and blend again 40 g pine nuts 40 g sunflower seeds 100 g water. ( if you have a pura tap or filtered water would be perfect) 35 g fresh lemon juice 1 clove of garlic 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 teaspoon fried onion ( I bought a big container of it from my local Asian grocery store for about $4)
- Lastly for the buckwheat and spelt tortillas. Heat a fry pan over high heat. No need to spray any oil or anything I cook them on a dry pan. While the pan is heating , sprinkle some spelt flour onto the thermomat or cutting board and separate a very small handful of dough and squish it onto the mat and turn over and do the same on othe side to ensure flour is covering it. Then with a rolling pin roll out dough into a round shape. I can never get mine perfect shaped but its ok they still taste the same. Roll out to a little bit thicker than paper thin thickness ( I hope this makes sense). Then carefully peel off the dough and pop into the hot pan. Stand by it as you only need to cook for about 3-5 seconds per side. You will notice small bubbles rising on the surface, that's when I usually flip it over using a big spatula. Once both sides have cooked I pop the tortilla in a plastic bag with a tea Towel on top to keep the warmth in. Even if the tortillas feel a bit stiff once sitting in the bag for a while they soften up, but be carefull not too over cook otherwise they will crack when trying to roll up.Continue rolling out and cooking the rest of the dough. serve the chilli con carne and torillas hot with all the ingredients layed out on the table , so everyone can tuck in!
chilli con carne
My tortillas are far from the perfect round shape once rolled out and cooked but they still do the job all the same! Since making these for the first time I haven't yet wanted to buy the shop pre packaged ones! They are delicious!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock