- 6 zucchini, 1-2 per person, heirloom yellow are good but normal green are just as good just less pasta looking
- or, 1 packet of your favourite spag/pasta
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Oil, or 1 clove crushed in 2tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, quatered
- 1 tablespoon fat or oil, I used beef fat skimmed from my stock
- 500 grams mince, pork or beef
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dry
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dry
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon EDC stock concentrate
- 300 grams home made stock, or water
- 100 grams white wine, makes it light, can use apple cider or red for a richer sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, or sherry vinegar or balsamic
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 jar tomato paste, small jar or 100-200g to taste
Recipe is created for
Set your "pasta" aside until your sauce is well on its way.
This is a light and herby version of bolognese. I use pork mince, but you could use chicken or veal. Beef makes i heavier and nice in winter. Make your own mince following the EDC instrutions or use a 500g pack.
Chop the onion for 3-5 secs./speed 5
Add the oil and saute 15 mins./Varoma/speed 3 with the MC removed so the steam escapes.
Add the mince and saute 4 mins./Varoma/speed 1.5. Use the butterfly if you dont want a fine bolognese texture.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 20 mins./100'C/speed 1
Either leave to rest and the flavours to mingle until ready to serve. This can be left in the TM for up to 2 hours or pop in the fridge and reheat later.
Ten minutes before you want to serve (either the sauce has been cooking for 10 of the 20 or you are now reheating it) simply steam the zucchinietti in the Varoma over the simmering sauce.
Toss the zucchinietti with the garlic oil and serve with your sauce generously spooned over.
Prep the Zucchinietti
Cooking your Summer Sauce
If you want to add extra vege to your sauce then add a leek, carrot and stick of celary when you do the onion. This makes it very vegeful!
Kids love the zucchinietti because it is fun and looks like pasta. Try making it with sweeds (sweedetti), yellow herloom carrots (carrotini), or other vege that takes your fancy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Genovese pasta
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup