- 40 g coriander seeds
- 40 g cumin seeds
- 10 g dried red chillies
- 50 g coriander, Washed thoroughly and left to dry on a towel
- 10 g garlic cloves, peeled
- 100 g ginger, Sliced in 2mm coins along the lines on the skin
- 200 g olive oil
- 100 g water
- 100 g lemon juice
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground tumeric
- 30 g salt
- 50 g Dried Onions
- 140 g tomato puree
- 500 g Boneless Chicken, Cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 100 g Tikka paste
- 40 g Ghee
- 150 g onions
- 2 Fresh Green Chillies
- 20 g ginger, sliced along the lines on the skin into 2mm coins
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g water
- 70 g tomato puree
- 500 g Single Cream or Coconut Cream
1. Weigh coriander seeds, cumin and dried red chillies into TM bowl. Heat 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
2. Grind 1 minute/Speed 8.
3. Add fresh coriander, garlic, ginger and olive oil to TM bowl. Blend 1 minute/Speed 10. Scrape down the lid and sides of the TM bowl with the spatula.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 40-60 minutes/80C/Speed 2. When the paste is cooked, a lovely red sheen of oil should be starting to show on the surface. Using a sterilized spoon, spoon the paste into sterilized jars, pouring a little more olive oil if necessary to submerge the paste. Cover the jars with sterilized lids and keep in the fridge. Top up with a little more oil after each use so the paste stays submerged under the oil. This helps to preserve it and will keep for 6 weeks this way.
1. Marinate the chicken in the tikka paste, stirring well so it is all evenly coated.
2. Heat the ghee 1 minute/Varoma temperature/Speed 1. Add onions, chillies, ginger, fresh coriander and garlic. Mince 10 seconds/Speed 5.
3. Scrape down the sides and lid of the TM bowl with the spatula. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup OFF.
4. Avoiding the blade unit, add dry spices and salt. Cook 3 minutes Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup ON.
5. Add the water. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
6. Add chicken, tomato puree and cream. Cook 20 minutes/100C/Speed Spoon/Reverse Blade Direction "Counter-clockwise operation" . Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Accessories you need
If you are wanting to double the recipe, just double the meat & tikka paste, nothing else.
For Indian food lovers, this recipe is taken from the Thermomix 'Fast and Easy Indian Cooking'
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Chicken & Potatoes w Lemon Caper Butter using Egg Boiler Mode
- Schnitzel Crumb
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- All Green Stock Powder