- 40 g coriander seeds
- 40 g cumin seeds
- 10 g dried red chillies
- 50 g coriander, Washed thoroughly and left to dry on a towel
- 10 g garlic cloves, peeled
- 100 g ginger, Sliced in 2mm coins along the lines on the skin
- 200 g olive oil
- 100 g water
- 100 g lemon juice
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground tumeric
- 30 g salt
- 50 g Dried Onions
- 140 g tomato puree
- 500 g Boneless Chicken, Cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 100 g Tikka paste
- 40 g Ghee
- 150 g onions
- 2 Fresh Green Chillies
- 20 g ginger, sliced along the lines on the skin into 2mm coins
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g water
- 70 g tomato puree
- 500 g Single Cream or Coconut Cream
1. Weigh coriander seeds, cumin and dried red chillies into TM bowl. Heat 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
2. Grind 1 minute/Speed 8.
3. Add fresh coriander, garlic, ginger and olive oil to TM bowl. Blend 1 minute/Speed 10. Scrape down the lid and sides of the TM bowl with the spatula.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 40-60 minutes/80C/Speed 2. When the paste is cooked, a lovely red sheen of oil should be starting to show on the surface. Using a sterilized spoon, spoon the paste into sterilized jars, pouring a little more olive oil if necessary to submerge the paste. Cover the jars with sterilized lids and keep in the fridge. Top up with a little more oil after each use so the paste stays submerged under the oil. This helps to preserve it and will keep for 6 weeks this way.
1. Marinate the chicken in the tikka paste, stirring well so it is all evenly coated.
2. Heat the ghee 1 minute/Varoma temperature/Speed 1. Add onions, chillies, ginger, fresh coriander and garlic. Mince 10 seconds/Speed 5.
3. Scrape down the sides and lid of the TM bowl with the spatula. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup OFF.
4. Avoiding the blade unit, add dry spices and salt. Cook 3 minutes Varoma temperature/Speed 2/Measuring Cup ON.
5. Add the water. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/Speed 1.
6. Add chicken, tomato puree and cream. Cook 20 minutes/100C/Speed Spoon/Reverse Blade Direction . Taste and add more salt if necessary.
If you are wanting to double the recipe, just double the meat & tikka paste, nothing else.
For Indian food lovers, this recipe is taken from the Thermomix 'Fast and Easy Indian Cooking'
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Thick and Rich Pumpkin Soup
- Nut Free Muesli Bars
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Robyn's Rissotto
- Gluten Free Sweet Chili & Cheese Muffins
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- Nanna's Pasties
- Pork Bun
- Courgette soup Lou`s way