- 450 g beef rump, or pork fillet
- 250 g carrots, roughly chopped
- 130 g Beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 g Butter
- 30 g olive oil
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 200 g Dry Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon TM veggie stock paste
- 200 g water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Mince the meat by holding down the turbo button for 2 seconds. Set aside.
Place carrots, beetroot and celery in the bowl, chop for 5 sec / speed 5. Set aside.
Place onion and garlic in the bowl, chop for 3 sec / speed 7.
Add butter and olive oil, sauté for 4 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
Add the bacon and saute for 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 – MC removed.
Add the reserved carrots, beetroot and celery and cook for 6 mins / 100C / speed 1.
Add the wine, soy sauce, TM stock paste and water. Cook for 11 min / 100C / speed 2 – with TM basket placed on top. (bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.)
Replace MC and puree the sauce for 1 min / speed 9, slowly increasing speed from 1 to 9. I take about 40 secs to get to speed 9, there will be a lot of steam escaping so please take it slow!
Add the bay leaves, fresh and dried herbs and vinegar. Cook for 1 min / 100C / speed 1 with TM basket on top.
Add the minced meat, cook for 15 min / 100C / reverse / speed 1.5.
Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Serve over cooked pasta or zucchini noodles.
There is no need to wash the bowl between steps.
Herbs can be swapped for whatever you have handy (italian flavours)
Recipe adapted and converted from Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Dairy Free Fettucine Carbonara
- Silverbeet & bacon quiche (dairy free)
- Fish Fingers (dairy free)
- Coconut Milk Yoghurt
- Apricot Chia Bars
- Maple Mustard Chicken (low FODMAP, gluten free)
- Steamed Blueberry Puddings (low FODMAP, gluten free)
- Dairy free "Cheese" sauce
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies (grain free)
- Banana & Oat baby biscuits
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa