- 1 Medium Brown Onion Halved
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger (3cm piece), roughly chopped
- 400 g skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, (optional)
- 500 grams tomato passata
- 600 grams pumpkin, peeled cut into 1cm pieces
- 60 grams reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 Cup of frozen Peas (thawed)
- 40g Pappadum, uncooked (pack of 10), The large packs are available from Woolworths
- 2 Cups of boiled Basmati Rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic, ginger and onion in thermomix and blitz for 10 seconds speed 5.
Add two teaspoons of olive oil and saute 5 min, 50 degrees .
Meanwhile chop the chicken breast into cubes.
Place chicken breast in bowl, add all herbs and spices and cook for 10 minutes on Varoma. Scrape down the bowl.
Once the chicken has 'cooked' add the pumpkin, peas and passata and cook for 20mins on Varoma.
This is quite a dry curry, if you like your curries a little more watery, add some more passata.
Add the evaporated milk and stir this in for 3 seconds.
Meanwhile, cook the rice and pappadums. The healthiest way to cook these is spray them with canola oil spray, and microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
The chicken will shred, if you prefer chunky chicken add the butterfly whisk.
Any vegetable can be used, as long as they are chopped smallish, the pumpkin does break down and adds to the thickness of the puree. I throw in whatever vegetables that are 0 smart points.
For additional flavour, chopped coriander is a lovely addition. Enjoy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma