- 1200 g chicken whole, skin on, (1.2 to 1.8kg whole chicken works)
- 30 g light soy sauce
- 20 g honey, liquid
- 80 g shaoxing wine
- 30 g sesame oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Rub whole chicken with soy sauce and honey and marinade in fridge for min 30
minutes, or overnight.
Put shaoxing wine and Sesame oil into tm bowl then sit the whole marinated
chicken onto blade (bum down, neck up) to cook 30 min / Varoma / Reverse /
* if the chicken neck is too long and jutted out of MC hole, remove MC and
cover with empty Varoma bowl with lid on it.
This recipe I found on the Thermomix Truly Asian facebook group. Credit to Beelee Lau for sharing the recipe, and she credits the recipe to Isaac Huang, Thermomix USA.
If you wish to cook rice at the same time as the chicken, use the following steps.
1. place a cake tin inside Varoma
2. weigh rice into cake tin. You will add water to the rice, the water will weight twice the weight of the rice.
3. Add pre-boiled water to the rice.
4. add salt and seasoning to taste.
5. cover the cake tin with aluminium foil.
6. add Varoma lid.
7. Cook this along with the chicken.
You can cook rice this way with any recipe that enables you to have 30 minute cooking time at 100 degrees C or Varoma temp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.