- 1 --- rabbit, whole, cleaned and washed out
- 2 stalks Cellery, cut into small pieces
- 1 Apple sliced thinly
- 3 sprigs Rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 2
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 3 --- bacon rashers, Cut into Cubes
Recipe is created for
Ok so I tried to make a roast rabbit in the varoma. Personally I think it turned out a bit dry but that was prob my fault as I cooked it for too long, so have shortened the cooking times with this recipe.
Thoroughly wash a whole rabbit.
Put approx. 1.5 litres of water in the bowl.
Stuff the rabbit with stalks of celery, rosemary, half a lemon cut in half, and bacon pieces so it would all fit in the carcass.
Tie with cooking twine to hold closed. If your rabbit is a bit long like mine was I bent in in a little bit so it would fit in the varoma.
Place sliced apple and place it around the edge of the rabbit as well as a about a handful of bacon pieces.
Set the varoma on speed 2. I cooked it for 30 minutes however as I said it was a bit dry so probably didn’t need cooking that long. So I would say about 20 mins.
Once finished, transfer it into the Thermo serve while you make gravy.
As I had a bit of extra water left I poured half of it into a bowl to use later for a stock. I then added enough cornflour (I started with approx. 2 tablespoons but added more to reach my desired thickness!) and put it on speed 4 until desired thickness was reached.
Once my gravy was made, I took the meat off the rabbit, put that in a bowl, and added the stuffing (celery bacon apple) then poured over the gravy. That way it didn’t seem to taste as dry as there was gravy mixed through it! I served it with roast potatoes.
Accessories you need
Rabbit seems to dry out very quicky so just keep an eye on it and ajust cooking times to suit the size of your rabbit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Minced meat skewers with prune
- Kel's edited version of sweet n sour pork meatballs
- Festive Baked Chicken Thighs
- Deb's Chicken bacon and spinach risotto
- Debs Caesar salad
- Pork and Fennel Meatballs with Creamy Mushrooms, Sage and Beans
- Honey Chicken - Chinese take away style
- Asian Style Pork Dumpings
- Chilli Con Carne
- NDIS support for A QUICK MEAT & VEG STEAMED MEAL
- Baked beans
- Turkey Breast Christmas Lunch with veggies and gravy
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Green Goddess Recipe (mayo & greek yoghurt)
- Sweet Green Detox Juice
- Green Goddess Dressing (sour cream & mayo)
- Strawberry pot set yoghurt
- Rasberries choclate suace cheese cake
- Original flavour chiffon cake
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Lemon Coconut Slice
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Almond and Lemon Myrtle Dukkah
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies