- 100 grams quinoa
- 800 grams water
- 500 grams chicken breasts, c100ut into 5cm pieces
- olive oil, sprinkle
- Salt and Peper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100 grams Sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1 handful chopped Cashews
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 2cm piece ginger
- 2 gloves Garlic
- 3 Scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Sweet chilli sauce
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place Quinoa in mixing basket and place in bowl. Add water to bowl.
- Cut chicken and place in varoma tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook 16 minutes / Varoma / speed 2. Set chicken aside to cool. Place Quinoa in large salad bowl to cool.
- When chicken has cooled, place in thermomix, 3 seconds / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 5. Add chicken to Quinoa in salad bowl.
- Add shredded cabbage, julienned carrot, sliced Sugar Snap Peas and cashews to Quinoa and chicken.
- Place olive oil, garlic, ginger and scallions into bowl. Mix 3 seconds / speed 7. Scrape bowl down and repeat if necessary.Heat 3 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1. Let cool slightly (approx. 2 minutes).
- Add lemon, lime, soy sauce, sesame oil and sweet chilli and mix 10 seconds / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 3.
- Add Dressing to other ingredients and mix.
Accessories you need
Recipe adapted from Asian and Chicken Salad on FoodNetwork.com
Use gluten free Soy Sauce for a gluten-free option
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters