- 2 ripe bananas, quartered
- 10 g coconut oil (liquefied)
- 1 tbsp golden flaxseeds (linseeds)
- 140 g whole oats
- 120 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 40-50 g Raw caster sugar
- half tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 MC of low-fat natural or vanilla yoghurt
- 2 MC of skim milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- sliced fresh fruit of choice, (e.g. kiwi, blueberries, strawberries)
Add flaxseeds and oats to the TM bowl and mill for 20 seconds on speed 9 with the MC lid on. Decant into a bowl and put aside.
Place rip bananas in TM bowl and mash for a few seconds on speed 4. Return the ground flax and oats to the bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 5 until smooth.
Heat a large non-stick frypan on medium heat and grease with a little coconut oil or butter. Pour about 2 tablespoons at a time onto the hot pan. Sprinkle a few blueberries or add thinly sliced fruit on top of each pancake as it cooks. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until bubbles begin to form, turn over and cook the other side. Turn the heat to low as the pan heats up.
To serve, sprinkle with a little sieved icing sugar or drizzled with honey or syrup. Also delicious with a smear of TM lemon butter! Enjoy.
These pancakes (or pikelets) are low in fat and high in dietary fibre. They are suprisingly light and fluffy considering they are made from wholegrain flour. One quantity makes enough for breakfast over two days. The left-over mixture can be kept in the fridge. Just add a little extra milk before cooking up the next day!
Use a plant-based milk and soy yoghurt to make these pancakes dairy-free. If whole spelt is readily available, why not grind your own?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon