- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sambal paste, (sambal oelek if you like it hot)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 300 g Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk
- 10 g fish sauce
- 10 g brown sugar
- 250 g veggies of your choice
- 250 g chicken or prawns, chicken thinly sliced
- 10-20 Thai basil leaves
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic in mixing bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 7
Scrape down sides of bowl. Add sambal oelek and oil. Saute 1 min/90deg/speed 1
Add sliced onion, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass paste. Saute 5 min/100deg/speed 1
Add coconut cream/coconut milk, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Cook 4 min/100deg/speed 1
Add your meat. Cook 5min/100deg/speed 1
Add your veggies. Cook 5min/100deg/speed 1
In the last minute of cooking time, add 10-20 chopped Thai basil leaves through the hole.
Serve with rice, or just slurp it up!
This is a very mild version of Choo Chee. If you like it hot, use sambal oelek instead of sambal paste and add 1 TBSP red curry paste. And add a fresh red chilli with the garlic.
I timed this recipe using frozen prawns, if cooking from raw they will need less time.
This recipe can be doubled!
Cook your rice beforehand and keep it warm in your thermoserver.
Would be great as a vegetarian dish as well, just replace the meat with more veg.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Spring time spinach cob loaf
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad