- 2 chorizo sausages, skinned
- 1 large garlic clove
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 2 French Shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 700 g chicken stock
- 150 g potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 250 - 400g sea scallops
- 200 g cream
- Italian parsley, to garnish
Using very sharp knife, dice chorizo into small cubes
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/speed 5
Add cubed chorizo and EVOO cook for 5 mins/90C/Reverse/speed 1
Reserve chorizo and oil, leaving residue in bowl for sauteíng vegetables
Place shallots and celery in mixing bowl and chop 2 secs/speed 5
Sauté for 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Add potato and stock. Cook for 12 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Place scallops into Varoma dish, set Varoma into position and cook 3 - 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Remove Varoma and add cream to mixing bowl.
Puree for 15 secs/speed 7.
Serve in large bowls with a few scallops placed into the soup and topped with reserved chorizo and oil.
Garnish with sprigs of parsley.
Creamy Scallop Soup with Chorizo
Chorizo can be chopped in the TM with the garlic if desired.
Soup can also be served in a hollowed out crusty bread roll prepared in the TM if you feel like stepping it up a notch!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Mash and steamed veg
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Potato Bombs
- Variation Creamy beef curry with cauliflower rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Cheat's Satay
- Banana and Apple Bread