- 2 chorizo sausages, skinned
- 1 large garlic clove
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 2 French Shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 700 g chicken stock
- 150 g potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 250 - 400g sea scallops
- 200 g cream
- Italian parsley, to garnish
Using very sharp knife, dice chorizo into small cubes
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/speed 5
Add cubed chorizo and EVOO cook for 5 mins/90C/Reverse/speed 1
Reserve chorizo and oil, leaving residue in bowl for sauteíng vegetables
Place shallots and celery in mixing bowl and chop 2 secs/speed 5
Sauté for 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Add potato and stock. Cook for 12 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Place scallops into Varoma dish, set Varoma into position and cook 3 - 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Remove Varoma and add cream to mixing bowl.
Puree for 15 secs/speed 7.
Serve in large bowls with a few scallops placed into the soup and topped with reserved chorizo and oil.
Garnish with sprigs of parsley.
Creamy Scallop Soup with Chorizo
Chorizo can be chopped in the TM with the garlic if desired.
Soup can also be served in a hollowed out crusty bread roll prepared in the TM if you feel like stepping it up a notch!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mini monsters
- Pizza base
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Potato bake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- Chocolate Paleo Pie
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Hanne's Nutella 😊
- Tear drop cake - Merengue Cheesecake
- Chicken in Cream mushroom sauce
- Tuna Mornay
- Mocha Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Cupcakes