- 2 chorizo sausages, skinned
- 1 large garlic clove
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 2 French shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 700 g chicken stock
- 150 g potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 250 - 400g sea scallops
- 200 g cream
- Italian parsley, to garnish
Using very sharp knife, dice chorizo into small cubes
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/speed 5
Add cubed chorizo and EVOO cook for 5 mins/90C/Reverse/speed 1
Reserve chorizo and oil, leaving residue in bowl for sauteíng vegetables
Place shallots and celery in mixing bowl and chop 2 secs/speed 5
Sauté for 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Add potato and stock. Cook for 12 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Place scallops into Varoma dish, set Varoma into position and cook 3 - 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Remove Varoma and add cream to mixing bowl.
Puree for 15 secs/speed 7.
Serve in large bowls with a few scallops placed into the soup and topped with reserved chorizo and oil.
Garnish with sprigs of parsley.
Creamy Scallop Soup with Chorizo
Chorizo can be chopped in the TM with the garlic if desired.
Soup can also be served in a hollowed out crusty bread roll prepared in the TM if you feel like stepping it up a notch!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LCHF Broccoli and Cheese Waffles
- LCHF Cauliflower and Feta Waffles
- Hearty Baked Beans with bite
- Asian Chicken and Quinoa Salad
- BACON AND CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- lchf cheese spinach waffle
- Variation Zucchini quiche slice
- lchf cheese souffle
- Choc chia breakfast pudding
- Brekky in a glass
- Vege & Pork Steam Bun
- Keens Curry Chicken
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Very Berry Cheesecake Slice
- Curry Puffs
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- Lemon Bars
- Chicken tikka masala
- Chocolate Chai Muffins (clone)