- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp chilli, ground, (or to your taste)
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch salt
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 120 g Greek yoghurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 150 g French lentils
- 1.1 l Boiling water
- 150 g snow peas
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 120 g rocket leaves
- 250 g mini Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 red pear, thinly sliced
- 1 batch of Minted Yoghurt Dressing
Place fennel, coriander, cumin, peppercorns and garlic into TM bowl and dry roast for 15 mins/Varoma/speed 2.
Add tumeric, chilli, nutmeg and salt and mill 1 minute/speed 10.
Place mint into mixing bowl and chop for 3 - 4 secs/speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 secs/speed 6.
Place chicken into a bowl and tip curry powder on top. Toss through until chicken is thoroughly coated. Place chicken into Varoma dish and set aside.
Do not clean TM bowl.
Place rinsed lentils into basket and insert into mixing bowl. Add water and set Varoma into position. Cook for 20 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Stir chicken.
Place snow peas onto Varoma tray and insert into Varoma. Steam for a further 5 minutes/Varoma /speed 2.
Set chicken and snow peas aside and place drained lentils into separate bowl. Drizzle lentils with EVOO, lemon juice and add salt to taste. Allow to cool slightly.
Assemble salad by placing rocket around the edges of a large salad platter. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber and pear on top of rocket.
Add cooled chicken to lentils and toss together. Pile into centre of platter and drizzle entire salad with dressing prepared earlier.
Minted Yoghurt Dressing
Accessories you need
In summer, pear could be substituted for a stone fruit such as nectarine for an added summer flavour.
Other users also liked...
- Mini monsters
- Pizza base
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Potato bake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 13 mins (non shredding!!)
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Curried mince with rice
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)