- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp chilli, ground, (or to your taste)
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch salt
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 120 g Greek yoghurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 150 g French lentils
- 1.1 l Boiling water
- 150 g snow peas
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 120 g rocket leaves
- 250 g mini Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 red pear, thinly sliced
- 1 batch of Minted Yoghurt Dressing
Place fennel, coriander, cumin, peppercorns and garlic into TM bowl and dry roast for 15 mins/Varoma/speed 2.
Add tumeric, chilli, nutmeg and salt and mill 1 minute/speed 10.
Place mint into mixing bowl and chop for 3 - 4 secs/speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 secs/speed 6.
Place chicken into a bowl and tip curry powder on top. Toss through until chicken is thoroughly coated. Place chicken into Varoma dish and set aside.
Do not clean TM bowl.
Place rinsed lentils into basket and insert into mixing bowl. Add water and set Varoma into position. Cook for 20 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Stir chicken.
Place snow peas onto Varoma tray and insert into Varoma. Steam for a further 5 minutes/Varoma /speed 2.
Set chicken and snow peas aside and place drained lentils into separate bowl. Drizzle lentils with EVOO, lemon juice and add salt to taste. Allow to cool slightly.
Assemble salad by placing rocket around the edges of a large salad platter. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber and pear on top of rocket.
Add cooled chicken to lentils and toss together. Pile into centre of platter and drizzle entire salad with dressing prepared earlier.
Minted Yoghurt Dressing
Accessories you need
In summer, pear could be substituted for a stone fruit such as nectarine for an added summer flavour.
Other users also liked...
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free
- Mash and steamed veg
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice