- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp chilli, ground, (or to your taste)
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch salt
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 120 g Greek yoghurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 150 g French lentils
- 1.1 l Boiling water
- 150 g snow peas
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 120 g rocket leaves
- 250 g mini Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 red pear, thinly sliced
- 1 batch of Minted Yoghurt Dressing
Place fennel, coriander, cumin, peppercorns and garlic into TM bowl and dry roast for 15 mins/Varoma/speed 2.
Add tumeric, chilli, nutmeg and salt and mill 1 minute/speed 10.
Place mint into mixing bowl and chop for 3 - 4 secs/speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 secs/speed 6.
Place chicken into a bowl and tip curry powder on top. Toss through until chicken is thoroughly coated. Place chicken into Varoma dish and set aside.
Do not clean TM bowl.
Place rinsed lentils into basket and insert into mixing bowl. Add water and set Varoma into position. Cook for 20 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Stir chicken.
Place snow peas onto Varoma tray and insert into Varoma. Steam for a further 5 minutes/Varoma /speed 2.
Set chicken and snow peas aside and place drained lentils into separate bowl. Drizzle lentils with EVOO, lemon juice and add salt to taste. Allow to cool slightly.
Assemble salad by placing rocket around the edges of a large salad platter. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber and pear on top of rocket.
Add cooled chicken to lentils and toss together. Pile into centre of platter and drizzle entire salad with dressing prepared earlier.
Minted Yoghurt Dressing
Accessories you need
In summer, pear could be substituted for a stone fruit such as nectarine for an added summer flavour.
Other users also liked...
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Veggie Filled Quiche
- Keto Carbonara
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Steam Pork Bun
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie