- 200 grams plain flour
- 100 grams Butter, chilled, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50-60 grams water, chilled
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 150 grams bacon, roughly chopped
- 100 grams cheese, cubed
- 1 onion, halved
- 8 eggs
- 80 grams Milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
Place flour, butter and salt into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6, or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add water and knead 10-20 sec//.
Transfer dough onto Thermomat or lightly floured bench top and knead into a tight ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place into fridge for 20 minutes.
Roll out pastry to a thickness of approx 5mm and use to line the base and sides of a well-greased 23cm dish.
Blind bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, remove weights and set aside.
Place parsley into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
Place bacon, cheese and onion into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides.
Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper and mix 20 sec/speed 3.
Pour filling into pastry case. Garnish with set aside parsley.
Bake for approx 40 minutes.
The shortcrust pastry recipe is from the EDC
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!