- 4 chicken breasts, (one per adult; maybe less per child)
- 1000 grams water
- 2 cloves garlic
- large handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cm piece of ginger, cut into 2 mm “coins” along the lines of the skin
- 1 red chilli, fresh, large or small, stem discarded, seeds removed if you wish
- 1 lemon, ends discarded and quartered
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 pinches curry powder
- 15 grams sunflower oil, (optional)
- salt, pepper and soya sayce, to taste
- potatoes or rice, in the internal steaming basket
- carrots, courgettes, broccoli, whatever!, in the Varoma dish
Recipe is created for
Peel garlic 4 seconds/Reverse Blade Direction/Speed 4 to 5. Discard skins.
Add remaining ingredients and Turbo Pulse for 1 second.
Place each chicken breast loosely between two sheets of cling film/plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin or an empty wine bottle until it’s about a half centimetre/quarter inch thick. Spread with stuffing; season with salt and pepper.
Now roll up the chicken breast around the stuffing, and roll it up in a piece of cling film that is about 6 inches longer than your finished roll. Grab the ends and push the roll away from you on the work surface several times. This will tighten up the roll into a nice sausage shape. Tie off the ends.
See here for some pictures of how to do this: //www.whyisthereair.com/2012/05/21/fast-and-easy-chicken-supper/
Place your roll or rolls in the Varoma (for one or two, place them on the bottom; for three or more place them on the Varoma tray but don’t overcrowd; make sure you can see some holes for the steam to come through) and add 1000 g of water to the Thermomix bowl. Steam on Varoma setting/30 minutes/Speed 2 or until the internal temperature reaches 75° C. During this time, prepare your vegetables and starch for steaming by cutting into uniformly-sized pieces. Place rice or potatoes in internal steamer basket. If making rice, rinse abundantly. After 15 to 20 minutes of steaming, pause your Thermomix, very carefully remove the Varoma and lid and insert your internal steamer basket/simmering basket (your Thermomix spatula has a handy hook to prevent you from steaming your hands while you do this!), pop the lid back on, add your vegetables to the Varoma, put the lid back on and resume steaming. Rice and potatoes need a good 12 to 15 minutes steaming time so be sure to plan for this.
At the end of the steaming time, carefully remove the Varoma lid and place it under the Varoma itself to catch the drips and protect your work top – and yourself! Remove the chicken breast rolls (don’t unwrap them yet!) and set them on a cutting board to rest for at least 5 minutes. If your veg need more time, replace the Varoma lid and leave them happily sitting over the still-steaming water in the TM bowl while your chicken rolls rest. During this resting time you could also prepare a sauce in your Thermomix, as below.
Carefully unwrap each roll, collecting the cooking juices to make a sauce if you wish. Reduce the juices in your Thermomix on Varoma setting with the Measuring Cup off, then stir in yoghurt, cream or butter according to your flavour combination. Slice your rolls on the bias and arrange on a warmed plate with your steamed vegetables and any other garnish and sauce you desire.
1 tbsp green Thai curry paste (or more to taste)
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
1. Add ingredients to TM bowl. Cook 90 degrees C/10 minutes/Speed 1 or until hot and smooth. Pour out and serve!
Bon appétit !
Make the stuffing:
Stuff the chicken breast:
Steam your chicken breast rolls, starch and vegetables:
Try this Quick Coco-curry Sauce
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Devilled Chicken
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Mom’s Chili Con Carne, Thermomix style
- Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegetarian Coconut Milk Wraps with Sweet Chilli and Lime Dipping Sauce
- Mexican Chicken All-in-One Varoma Meal
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Marion’s Fabulous Scones
- Artichokes Vinaigrette in the Varoma!
- Cauliflower Couscous (Tabouleh)
- Coffee Walnut Cake
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
- Madame Thermomix’s Spicy Crab Tempura
- Bernie Brennan’s Almond and Seed Crackers
- Patricia Wells’ Black Olive Tapenade
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Raw Lemon Slice