- 500 grams plain flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams Butter or Marg, I use &amp;amp;quot;Devondale our light one&amp;amp;quot;
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 600 grams potato
- 60 grams Butter or Marg
- 2 brown onions
- 100 grams light Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 80 grams Milk
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add 2 onions (quartered) into TM and dice Speed 4 20 seconds.
Add 60 grams of Butter (or Marg like Devondale our light one) to the Diced onions and cook 3 minutes 110degrees speed 1-1.5. Set side
Place Butterfly into TM. Add 600 grams peeled roughly cut Potatoes to TM, use a good mashing potato such as Blue royal.
Add Milk and Salt and cook 18 minutes Varoma speed 2. Potatoes shoud be a little dry and check they are not burning on the bottom at around 16 minutes. DO NOT ADD EXTRA LIQUID.
Once potatoes are cooked, they are almost at a mashed consistency. Add Cream Cheese and half of the Onion/Butter mixture and mix on Speed 4 for 20 seconds (with butterfly still in).
Set aside in fridge to cool.
Add Flour and Salt to TM along with the Butter (or Margarine) and mix 5 seconds speed 5 to crumb butter in.
Add Water and Eggs and mix 5 seconds speed 5 to combine.
Knead 3 minutes until dough looks smooth and add to a floured TM matt or board. I usually let it rest until Potato mixture is fairly cool.
Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to boil.
Divide dough mixture in half and roll out on a floured board until around 1/4 to 1/2 cm thick depending on how you like it. Cut with cutter into approx 7cm pieces.
Place a small spoonful of the mixture into the centre of each round. Moisten the edges and fold in half pressing the edges together to seal. Use a fork if you like that pattern. Repeat with the reamining dough and potato.
Add Pierogi in batches cooking for about 3 minutes or until they rise to the top of the water. Remove with a slotted spoon.
Serve with the remaining onion mix dollopped on top, or as an alternative add some crunchy fried bacon broken into pieces. I also like to fry the pierogi in butter until golden especially if eating the next day to warm them! Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- Yummy Single Apple Pastries
- Yummy Apple Pecan Bread with Praline topping
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake
- No Bake Lemon Coconut Slice
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Healthy Sugar Biscuits
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Walnut Bread
- Teriyaki chicken
- Jam Doughnut Muffins
- Cheesy Cauliflower Patties
- Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- Vietnamese chicken noodle salad
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing