- extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- dash salt to taste
- 175 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 150 g bacon
- 350 g arborio rice
- 100 g white wine
- 2 heaped tablespoons vegetable stock, concentrate
- 900 g water
- 1 bunch baby spinach
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 200C
Brush a baking dish with EVOO
Place pumpkin cubes to baking dish, brush cubes lightly with EVOO, then season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
When pumpkin is almost finished baking, put cubes of feta cheese on a baking sheet and place this sheet in the oven until the feta cubes begin to melt along their edges.
Place garlic and onion in bowl and chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
Add bacon and turbo once (or until you reach your desired size)
Add 50g Olive oil and sauté for 5 minutes, at 100C on speed 1 + Reverse.
Add rice and wine. Sauté for 3 min, at 100C on Reverse + soft speed.
Add vege stock concentrate and water and cook for 15 minutes at 100C on Reverse + Soft Speed.
Add baby spinach leaves to bottom of Thermoserve bowl.
Use a fork to mash approximately half of the baked pumpkin and add to the Thermoserve bowl along with the spinach.
When Risotto is cooked pour into Thermoserve bowl and stir through spinach and pumpkin. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Serve risotto in bowls, and add remaining baked pumpkin cubes and warm feta to the top of each bowl just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!