- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 35 grams soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or chilli paste
- 135 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 50 grams cashews or peanuts
- 400 ml can of coconut cream
- 1000 grams chicken thighs (diced)
- 150 grams fresh green beans, sliced
- bean sprouts, fresh
- cashews extra to garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add peeled onion, halved and garlic cloves to bowl and chop 3 secs speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and add peanut oil, saute 2 mins, varoma temp, speed 1.
Add sugar, soy sauce, chilli, peanut butter, nuts and coconut cream. Mix 10 secs, speed 5 to blend and chop nuts.
Add diced chicken and cook 12 mins, speed 1, ,100 degrees.
Add beans and cook for 5 mins, speed 1, , 100 degrees making sure beans are incorporated into sauce.
Check that chicken is cooked through and pour into Thermoserver to keep warm while cooking rice. I don't wash the bowl before cooking rice, it just adds extra flavour to the rice and saves time and water!
Serve satay chicken on bed of rice with coriander, bean sprouts and extra nuts.
You can use chicken breast diced if preffered but lessen the cooking time so it doesn't overcook and become dry.
Add extra chilli if you like it spicy, or sweet chilli sauce if you have no chilli paste or fresh chillies.Add whatever vegies you like for the last few minutes, we love fresh beans added and also zuchinni sliced on an angle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Steam Pork Bun
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Hot Curry Chicken
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Turkey Nut Stuffing
- Deliciously Easy Tuna Dip
- QUICK & EASY BANANA SLICE
- Quinoa & Brown Rice Crackers
- Cauliflower & Butter Bean Soup
- Asian Style Dressing with Verjuice
- Apricot & Coconut Slice
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- White chocolate and cranberry slice
- Tomato Chilli Jam
- Coconut Citrus Tarts
- Sticky Pineapple Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Sour Cream Scones
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Porcini & Garlic Salt
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN