- 1 batch Pizza Dough, (from EDC)
- 100 g Taleggio cheese, (or other soft cheese of choice, sliced)
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 200 g tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp fish oil, (or 2 anchovies - optional)
- 200 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO) , to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 60 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 60 g other cheese of choice, (manchego, raclette, swiss)
- Pitted black olives
- shaved sopressa, and / or other toppings as desired
- handful rocket leaves
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle
Make dough and set aside to prove.
Divide dough in half, reserve one portion for sweet pizza recipe (also on RC)
Pre-heat oven (and pizza stone if you have one) to 220C
Place pumpkin and zucchini onto lined baking tray.
Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt.
Roast for 30 mins or until golden brown.
Place all cheeses except Taleggio into TM bowl and mill for 7secs / speed 7. Set aside.
Place garlic, onion and 40g EVOO into TM bowl and chop for 2 secs / speed 6.
Sauté for 10 mins / Varoma temp / speed 1 with MC removed from lid..
Add tomatoes, capsicum and fish sauce or anchovies and cookl for 20 mins / 100C / speed 1 again, with MC removed from lid.
Puree for 10 secs slowly moving from speed 1 to speed 8.
To assemble pizza, push dough into a large circle, with your fingers dimpling the dough slightly.
Arrange Taleggio on the dough approximately 4cm inside the outer circumference of the pizza and fold edge over, enclosing the cheese.
Push dough to seal cheese in the crust.
Spread tomato sauce over base of the pizza.
Arrange toppings of choice, and finish off with grated cheeses.
Slide directly onto pizza stone (or lined baking tray) and cook for 15 -20 mins or until golden brown and fragrant.
Remove from oven and arrange rocket leaves on top.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
Taleggio Stuffed Crust Pizza
Pizza Stones help the pizza to cook quicker and evenly thanks to a more even distribution of heat on top and underneath the pizza. This will prevent any sloppy bases and give the pizza that nice crunchy texture.
These can be purchased from any homewares / cooking supply stores or are available online.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Spinach Balls
- CITRUS HOMMUS (with Essential Oils)
- Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- Variation Creamy beef curry with cauliflower rice
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Creamy Tomato Dip