THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 zest of lemon, use vege peeler to peel off skin for zesting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (GF)
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk (or milk alternative)
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to season
- 450 grams cooked mussel meat, (approx 2.5kg mussels in shell)
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup batter mix
- 2 egg whites
- olive/coconut oil, to cook with
- peel from one lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 egg yolks, separated from the egg whites used in the fritters.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 250 grams Grapeseed Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Add rice and lemon peel to bowl and mill 30seconds/speed 9.
Insert butterfly. Add eggs, baking powder and milk, beat for 30 seconds/speed 4.
Remove from bowl and set aside in the fridge.
To the bowl add half of the cooked mussel meat and red onion. Mince for 3seconds/speed 7.
Scrape down, add herbs and remaining mussel meat to bowl and chop 2seconds/speed 5. Repeat if necessary.
Remove from bowl and set aside.
Clean and dry mixing bowl and blade.
Insert butterfly and whip egg whites on speed 3.5/3 minutes.
Add 1 cup of batter mix, lemon juice, and mussel meat mixture combining together 8 seconds/speed 3.
Heat a frying pan to medium-high and add olive/coconut oil for frying. Pour batter into pan to desirable fritter size and cook for one to two minutes on each side or until gloden brown and cooked through.
Place garlic and lemon peel into mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Insert butterfly. Add yolks, salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice and mix 20 seconds/speed 4.
With butterfly rotating at speed 4 and MC in place, gradually pour oil onto mixing bowl lid. Add oil slowly to start with and then faster as the mayonnaise starts to emulsify. This process should take 2 - 3 minutes.
Serve mussel fritters stacked with a dollop of mayonnaise, fresh salad and a wedge of lemon.
The recipe is an adaptation of Al Brown's Mussel Fritters.
He suggests serving these fritters riding shot gun with fresh flounder.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Hot Curry Chicken
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Turkey Nut Stuffing
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Clone of Beef & Vegetable Casserole
- Hearty Savoury Mince
- Blueberry Jelly Tip Iceblock - GF, DF
- GF Dal and Rice Wraps - Dosa
- Cacao Buckwheat Whipped Porridge
- Feijoa and Autumn Fruits Chia Porridge (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Pork and Walnut Pesto Roulade with Feijoa and Parsnip Puree
- Peach Butter - dairy, gluten and refined sugar free
- Lamb Roast with Mint and Spinach Pesto Meal - Celebrating Waitangi Day
- Quick and Versatile Vege Packed Tomato Sauce
- RAW BROCCOLI SALAD TOSSED WITH SMOKED SALMON, BLACK OLIVES AND CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING
- Creamy Pink Smoothie - adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme
- Satay Sauce
- Easy pasta side dish
- Fair Dinkum Aussie Pasties
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Fragrant pipis
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes