- 2 Large onions peeled and cut in half
- 800 grams Swiss Chard roughly chopped, washed VERY thoroughly
- 100 grams red capsicum cubed
- 1 can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato paste
- 80 grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt, Ground
- 3 Large Lemons, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onions in TMX bowl and chop for 5 seconds/Speed 4.5 then scrape down side of bowl
2. Add the red capsicums, olive oil and sea salt then saute for 5 minutes/VARMOMA temperature/reverse Speed 1
3. Add Swiss Chard, chick peas, tomato paste and cook for approximately 16 minutes/100 degrees/reverse Speed 1
4. Transfer to ThermoServer and pour lemon juice over the top then season with ground black pepper to taste
Armenian Nivig - Swiss Chard & Chick Pea Delight
Accessories you need
This is a traditional ARMENIAN dish typically served as a side but also enjoyed as a main meal. Enjoy it with some fresh Lebanese bread and a dollop of traditional Greek yoghurt.
For that little bit of an extra kick, add a pinch of chilli powder or alternativley, substitute the tomato paste for chilli paste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- Baked Falafel Bites
- Savory lentil mince with Rice and Tofu
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche