- lemon zest, optional
- 2 Chorizo roughly chopped, optional
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley
- 200g Raw beetroot
- 1 leek washed, trimmed & chopped
- 30g Butter
- 15g olive oil
- 100g dry white wine
- 350g Aborio Rice
- 800g water
- salt & peper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 100g spinach or rocket leaves, fresh
- 100g Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 dash Balsamic Vinegar.
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place lemon zest, garlic & parsley into TM bowl & chop 10 secs speed 10.
2. Add beetroot, leek & chop for 5 secs, speed 5.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Add sliced Chorizo if using & butter, oil & saute for 3 mins, Varoma speed 1.
5. Insert Butterfly whisk.
6. Add rice & wine & saute for 2 mins, 100 degrees speed 1.5, MC off.
7. Add stock & water, cook for 13 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.5 with the MC on.
8. Pour risotto into a thermoserver & stir through spinach or rocket.
9. Crumble feta cheese & cracked pepper. Allow to sit in the Thermoserver for at least 5 mins. It will continue cooking while it sits.
10 Serve with a bit more cheese, drizzle of balsamic vinegar and even sprinkle some walnuts or pine nuts on top.
Beetroot Chorizo & Feta Risotto
For vegetarian version omit the Chorizo.
Goats Cheese also works well as a substitue, or even Parmasen Cheese.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Spiced Chai Latte Mix
- Clare's Creamy Coconut Yoghurt - Automated TM5 Version
- Breakfast Bites (Wheat & Refined Sugar Free)
- coco-nutty crunchy granola (I quit Sugar)
- My Raspberry Ripple (I Quit Sugar Sarah Wilson)
- Raw Broccoli, Basil & Cashew Pesto
- Ryvita Style Crackers (Wheat, Dairy & Sugar Free)