- 1 bunch silverbeet, (large bunch)
- 1 onion
- 40 g Butter
- 200 g fetta cheese, crumbled, can substitue with cottage cheese or ricotta
- 100 g tasty cheese in chunks
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 quantity shortcrust pasty from everyday cookbook
Recipe is created for
Remove stems of silverbeet and wash. Place into varoma dish. Fill bowl with water and steam, varoma spd1 until half the silverbeet is lightly wilted and set aside to cool. Pour out water from bowl. can be used for something else like stock or a sauce.
Pre-heat oven to 190 C.
Place onion into bowl. chop 2 seconds, speed 7. Add butter and saute 2 1/2mins/ 100 C/ Spd 1. Set aside to cool.
Either allow bowl to cool or rinse with cold water.
Add cheese and grate spd 8 for 4 seconds. Squeeze the liquid out of the silverbeet in handfuls and add to bowl with remaining ingredients, including cooled onions. Mix on spd 6 for 5 seconds.
Grease Pie dish. Take pastry out of fridge and cut a third off for the top of pie. Roll out 2/3rds of the pastry big enough to cover entire pie dish and overlap the edges. Add the pie filling. (insert a pie funnel if you have one) Roll out the remaining dough big enough to just cover the top of the pie dish. Brush the top edges of the pie with water and place pastry on top, pushing down over pie funnel if using. press around the edges with a fork to seal the 2 pieces. Trim edges and fork the top to help release steam.
Brush the top of the pie with milk for a better finish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Salmon Curry
- Tomato Sauce
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies