- 1 Brown onion, quartered
- 1 red chilli
- 30 grams olive oil
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 800 grams water
- 2 tablespoons EDC vegetable stock concentrate
- 300 grams dried red lentils, soak approx 15 mins, rinse and drain
- 800 grams tinned chickpeas, drained
- 300 grams pumpkin, peeled and chopped approx 1cm cubes
- 60 grams baby spinach
Place onion, chilli and olive oil in TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds, speed 6.
Add curry powder and cayenne pepper and sauté 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
Add water, stock, lentils, chickpeas,pumpkin and lentils and cook 16 minutes, 100C, , speed 1 or until lentils are tender.
Place baby spinach in Thermoserver and pour curry over to wilt. Stir spinach through curry mix.
Serve with crusty bread and a spoonful of yoghurt on top.
Add vegetables other than pumpkin for a different taste.
You can leave out curry for diners who aren't into curry. It's still very tasty.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry