- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for rolling
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cumin.
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- 125 grams canned chickpeas, drained
- 8 sprig fresh coriander
- 100 grams dried breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 20 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- rocket, to serve
- Rice Bran Oil, frying
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Boil eggs in the Thermomix as per the Basic Cookbook directions (pg 73). Cooking time will depend on how well you want your eggs cooked through. 12-14 minutes is recommended. Remove from water and once cooled, peel each egg.
Add the onion and garlic to the TM bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7.
Add oil and saute for 3mins/varoma/speed 1. Add the spices and saute for 2mins/varoma/speed 1.
Mix for 20 secs/Speed 8 until a smooth paste consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides after 10 seconds.
Add the chickpeas and coriander then turbo 1 sec/5 times or until the chickeas are finely chopped (but not a paste).
Add the wholemeal breadcrumbs, plain flour and egg and mix 30 sec/Speed 4.
In a separate bowl mix the panko breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
Roll the peeled eggs in the extra plain flour then using 1/4 of the chickpea mixture, flatten and roll the mixture around the egg ensuring all the seams are closed (If mixutre is sticky put some olive oil on your hands which makes the rolling easier).
Roll the covered egg in the breadcrumb and sesame seed mix. If it doesnt stick properly coat the ball in small amount of olive oil.
In a shallow pan, heat the rice bran oil. Add the eggs two at a time and keep turning them until the outer breadcrumb layer is golden brown. Serve hot or cold on a bed of rocket leaves.
Accessories you need
This can be made up to 1 day early.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stuffed Peppers
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Superfood Magic Pasta sauce
- vegan scrambled eggs
- Vegetables in saffron, chilli & coconut broth
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Squid Ink Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)