- 220 grams Moong dal, split
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 40 grams onion, cut into pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- pinch Asafoetida
- salt, to taste
- 1 litre water
- 250 grams Vegetables, such as carrots, zucchini, broccoli, kale
3h 0minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Wash the Moong dal 3 times to remove dust by placing in a Thermoserver in the sink, swirling it around with your hand and emptying the water each time. Pour boiling water into the Thermoserver and leave to sit for a few hours.
- Add the Ghee to your Thermomix and heat for 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Fenugreek seeds and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Cumin and Coriander seeds and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Onion, Garlic and Ginger and mix 5 seconds / speed 7 (put a paper towel in lid if you want to avoid splashes. Add Asafetida and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add drained Moong dal, water, Tumeric and sea salt. Cook 20 mins / Varoma . Replace MC with simmering basket.
- Prepare vegetables of choice and place in the Varoma. Cook for a further 10-15 mins on Varoma depending on your chosen vegetables.
Red split lentils can also be used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)
- Beetroot Burgers
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Orange Pineapple Juice
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread