- 220 grams Moong dal, split
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 40 grams onion, cut into pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- pinch Asafoetida
- salt, to taste
- 1 litre water
- 250 grams Vegetables, such as carrots, zucchini, broccoli, kale
3h 45minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Wash the Moong dal 3 times to remove dust by placing in a Thermoserver in the sink, swirling it around with your hand and emptying the water each time. Pour boiling water into the Thermoserver and leave to sit for a few hours.
- Add the Ghee to your Thermomix and heat for 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Fenugreek seeds and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Cumin and Coriander seeds and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Onion, Garlic and Ginger and mix 5 seconds / speed 7 (put a paper towel in lid if you want to avoid splashes. Add Asafetida and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add drained Moong dal, water, Tumeric and sea salt. Cook 20 mins / Varoma . Replace MC with simmering basket.
- Prepare vegetables of choice and place in the Varoma. Cook for a further 10-15 mins on Varoma depending on your chosen vegetables.
Red split lentils can also be used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Roast chicken low carb
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Jalepeno and Lime sauce
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Roasted apple and pumpkin soup
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen