- 1 brown onion, peeled & halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long red chilli or birdseye chilli for extra heat
- 15 grams Moroccan spice mix (see tips)
- 20 grams tomato paste (see tips)
- 400 grams silverbeet, de-stemmed & roughly chopped
- handful fresh coriander, leaves & stems
- 1 tin chick peas, drained
- squeeze of lemon for seasoning
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- handful spinach (optional - see tips)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Side dish Starter Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Mid East Vegetable dish
- Add onion, garlic, oil & chilli to Thermomix bowl & chop 5sec sp5. Scrape & saute 5min Varoma sp2 MC off
Add Moroccan-spice mix & tomato paste & cook 2min Varoma sp2 MC on
Add silverbeet, coriander & chick peas & cook 3min Varoma sp2 "Counter-clockwise operation"
Transfer contents of bowl into Thermoserver or serving dish (at this point you would add the spinach) & season with lemon, salt & pepper. Serve immediately, but if adding spinach, cover & set aside for 5min to allow the spinach to wilt.
Serve with toasted Turkish bread or with a dollop of yoghurt. Great as a side dish for 4 or a main for 2 people.
Accessories you need
Srinkle toasted pinenuts/slivered almonds for some crunch
To make it saucy, use 1 tin of chopped tomatoes in place of tomato paste
Bulk it out with extra veggies, such as baby spinach, zucchini, brocolli, kale
Moroccan spice mix:
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Choconut Rice Puffs
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Best Ever Chocolate Mud Cake GAPS & Paleo Compliant
- No Bake, Nut Free Muesli Bars
- GF, NF, DF, EF, Vegan Lunchbox Snack Bars
- Raw Healthy Snack Bars (Nut-Free)
- Middle Eastern Beef Kofta (Kafta)
- Festive Nougat
- Variation Tiramisu with a Twist - Smilomisu
- Peanut Butter Bites
- Paleo Pancakes
- Healthy Twix Bites