- 160g Spelt Flour Wholemeal
- 80g Plain White Flour
- 20g wheatgerm, (optional)
- 120g Butter Cubed
- 40g cold water
- 1/2ts salt
- 50g parmesan cheese cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 leek, or 2 onions
- 500g Cauliflour, cut into chunks
- 500g sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 250g milk & or cream
- 20g Butter
- 2 eggs
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch silverbeet
Place all dry ingredients into the TM bowl & chop on speed 10 for about 5- 10 secs, while baldes are still moving add in the cold water onto the TM lid & it will drizzle into the flour -if the dough is not coming together you may need a little extra water.
Wrap dough in gald wrap & palce in the fridge.
Heat oven to 200 degrees.
Chop cheese for 5 secs speed 10, place to one side.
Place garlic & leek into the TM bowl & chop for 5 secs speed 5. (You may need to repeat again depending on the size of your leek.)
Add butter & roughly chopped silverbeet & cook for 5 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Place to one side.
Add milk/cream, sweet potato & caulifour into the TM bowl & cook for 20 mins 100 degrees speed 2.
Add the butterfly & whip the veg together for 20 secs speed 4.
Remove the butterfly add the eggs & the silverbeet mixture. Mix on speed 1 to just incorprate.
Roll out your pastry on your breadmat & place into a greased quiche or pie dish. Place baking paper ontop with some pie weights. Bake in the oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees.
Pour the pie filling into the partly cooked pie base & sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake for another 20 - 25 mins or until brown & fully cooked through.
My Kinda Hunza Pie
My mum used to make a version of this when we lived at home - lots of happy tasty memories!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Hops biz zejt
- Stuffed Peppers
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Superfood Magic Pasta sauce
- vegan scrambled eggs
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Overnight Apple Oats
- Southern Cheesy Corn Cakes
- Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
- Gluten Free Pear and Raspberry Bread
- Broccoli and Bacon Quiche
- All in one spaghetti bolognese
- Salted caramel crackers
- Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Ultimate Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Portuguese Chicken
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes