THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 700 g water
- 700 g Dutch cream potatoes or Royal Blue, medium size, skin on (approx. 4)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g ‘00’ type flour, plus extra for dusting tray
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for sautéing
- 30 g olive oil
- 200 g mixed mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves only
- 50 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 200 g water
- 30 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 200 g full cream milk
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 20 g red wine vinegar
- 1-2 pinches salt
- shaved parmesan
- flowering rocket or micro herbs
Lightly dust a large tray with flour and set aside.
Place water into mixing bowl, place Varoma dish into position and weigh potatoes into it. Steam 45 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove Varoma and set aside. Discard water and rinse and dry mixing bowl.
Carefully and gently remove and discard skin from potatoes. Place peeled potatoes into mixing bowl and mash 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat 5 sec/speed 4. Transfer the puree into a large bowl.
Add sea salt, yolks and flour to potato puree. Mix to combine. Be careful not to over mix.Turn dough onto a ThermoMat or well-floured surface. Knead and combine gently until smooth (approx. 30 sec-1 min). If dough is too sticky add a little extra flour, 1 tbsp at a time. Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll 1 portion into a 30 cm log and cut into 3 cm pieces. Place onto prepared floured tray. Continue with remaining 3 portions.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Once boiling, transfer gnocchi into saucepan and cook until they rise to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of iced water. Once cool remove from water and gently pat dry on a clean tea towel. Set aside.
Place oil and mushrooms into mixing bowl and sauté 4 min/Varoma//speed 1.
Add thyme and butter, cook 2 min/100˚C//speed 1.
Transfer to a ThermoServer and add parsley.
Without cleaning mixing bowl, place water into mixing bowl and bring to the boil 5 min/100˚C/speed 1.
Add dried porcini mushrooms and blend 2 min/speed 5-7, gradually increasing speed to 7.
Add remaining porcini cream ingredients and blend 30 sec/ speed 5. Taste for seasoning and leave in mixing bowl to complete later.
To sauté your gnocchi, place a non-stick pan over medium heat with olive oil and heat. Sauté gnocchi until caramelised. Add reserved mushroom mixture, combine gently then divide between 4 flat plates and set aside.
Insert Butterfly whisk into mixing bowl with porcini cream. Whip 30 sec/speed 4, then spoon over the gnocchi and mushrooms. Garnish with shaved parmesan, flowering rocket or micro herbs and serve immediately.
Accessories you need
This recipe has been created by Josh Lopez, Executive Chef at Queensland Art Gallery, Gallery of Modern Art. Josh’s methodology to food combines classical cuisine with a contemporary approach to ingredients and technique. This gnocchi dish is sure to impress!
Other users also liked...
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough