- 1 brown onion (approx. 200 g), cut into quarters
- 80 g olive oil, (Or Butter, ghee or coconut oil)
- 500 g 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste, with 500 g water
- 250 g white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 180 g pumpkin, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides.
2. Add oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
3. Add water, stock paste, pumpkin and quinoa and cook 15 min/Varoma//speed 1.
4. Add pepper and thyme into mixing bowl and cook 2 min//speed 2.
5. To serve, season to taste, then transfer to a large serving dish or bowl, or onto individual plates, and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Cut the pumpkin in larger cubes if you would like a more textured consistancy. Add raw chicken in 2cm cubes with the pumpkin if desired. Try sage if you don't have Thyme.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli