- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 400 g Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- garlic cloves
- 150 g silverbeet, fresh, stems removed
- 55 g quinoa, 1/3 cup dry, cooked according to packet instructions
- 120 g ricotta cheese, firm
- 50 g LSA
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, peeled & halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 bottles tomato passata, approx. 700ml
- 1 vegetable stock cube (for 0.5 l)
- 370 g water
- 20 g red wine vinegar
- Mozzarella Cheese, optional
- Parmesan cheese, optional
1h 15minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Turn the psyllium husks into flour by adding to the bowl and grinding, speed 9/5 seconds. Set aside.
2. Grind the fennel seeds, speed/seconds, set aside (can add to the psyllium husks)
3. Chop spinach, speed/seconds, set aside (can add to the others).
4. Chop garlic speed/seconds. Add the chickpeas and mix, speed 5/5 seconds. Add everything else, along with all the other remaining ball ingredients, back to the bowl.
5. Mix it all together until it all comes together, about speed/seconds. You will probably need to mix in 5 second bursts, and get in there with a spatula to help bring it all together. You want it all mixed together, but not so much that you lose texture.
6. Spray or brush the varoma trays with oil. Roll the mixture into balls, about 2 tablespoons worth. The mixture will be sticky. Sometimes it's easier to have damp hands to roll. Place the balls on the varoma trays, taking care to leave a little space between them to allow the steam through.
7. Once all the balls are rolled, add some water to the bowl and blitz to rinse. Don't worry about getting it spotless or dry before moving onto the sauce Easy!
1. Add the onion & garlic to the bowl and chop, speed/seconds.
2. Add the oil. Cook on Varoma/speed/seconds
3. Add the passata, stock cube and water. Place the Varoma trays on top. Cook Varoma/Speed 1/20 minutes.
4. Add the red wine vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes on Varoma/Speed 1/5 minutes. Check the balls, they should be feeling a little firmer now.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C while the sauce is cooking.
2. Once the sauce & balls are done, add the balls to a deep baking dish then pour over the sauce. Sprinkle generously with cheese.
3. Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
If you're in a hurry, you can skip the baking step entirely. Just serve the balls covered in sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Prepare the balls
Make the sauce
If you're not a fan of fennel, swap it out for 1/2 cup of fresh basil or some lemon zest.
Likewise, you could easy swap the silverbeet for another leafy green (e.g. spinach, kale).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Balls, with superfoods (Paleo & Vegan)
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Basil Pesto
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Paleo Carrot Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Salted Caramel & Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Paleo Strawberry Muffins
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Marinated flank steak
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze