- 2 large butternut pumpkins
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 45 grams pine nuts
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 x 2cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into cubes
- 150 grams white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- fresh grated parmesan, to top the pumpkin halves
- 1 fresh cob of corn, kernels removed
8Recipe is created for
Cut the pumpkins in half and hollow them out, keeping the flesh. Brush with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Chop the flesh in TM bowl for 3 seconds on speed 6. Set aside in a large bowl.
2. Dry roast pine nuts in TM bowl for 5 minutes on speed 1 at varoma temperature, with MC off. Set aside.
3. Chop the leek, garlic, ginger and chili in the TM bowl for 2 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and spices and saute for 3 minutes on speed 1 at varoma temperature with MC off. Set aside with the pumpkin flesh and rinse TM bowl.
4. Measure quinoa into the basket and add 1000 grams of water, making sure the quinoa is covered. Put the zucchini, capsicum and corn kernels into the varoma and put into place. Cook for 20 minutes on speed 3 at varoma temperature.
5. When done, mix the steamed vegies, cooked quinoa, pine nuts, coriander, pumpkin flesh and leek mixture together in a large bowl, spoon into the baked pumpkin halves, top with parmesan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes on 180 degrees or until golden.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans