- 100 g Butter, cut into pieces (plus extra for greasing)
- 200 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60 g water, chilled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g pumpkin, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 g red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 sprigs Thyme, leaves only (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 eggs
- 150 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 2 pinches Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g goats cheese, cut into 1cm pieces
1h 55minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease a rectangular fluted tart tin (35cm x 13cm) or 20cm round tart tin. Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
2. Place butter, flour, salt and water in mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
3. Transfer pastry onto ThermoMat or floured surface. Bring pastry together and form into a round disc. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Remove pastry dough and roll out between two sheets of baking paper to 5mm thickness in the shape of your tin. Line the tin with the pastry. Line the pastry shell with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake 15 minutes. Remove baking paper and beans and continue baking for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove tart shell from oven.
1. To make the filling, drizzle a baking tray with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place diced pumpkin on the tray and roast for 15 minutes (180C). Turn pumpkin and roast for another 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and set aside in a bowl.
2. Place garlic in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, red onion wedges and thyme leaves and cook 6 min/100C/reverse/stirring speed. Remove and add to roasted pumpkin.
4. Place eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper in mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 3.
5. Evenly place goat’s cheese, pumpkin and onion mixture over the base of the cooked pastry shell. Pour over egg mixture and bake 25 minutes (180C) or until set and golden.
6. Allow to cool slightly, garnish with extra thyme and serve.
Accessories you need
Pastry suitable to freeze.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Vegan Pesto