- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 2 cans mixed beans, drained
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. In a pan, saute ½ the diced red onion and minced garlic with a drizzle of olive oil. After 2-3 minutes, add the capsicum and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until softened.
Stir in the Mexican seasoning, beans and tomatoes, breaking the tomatoes up with a spoon. Season to taste, and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Spread the corn chips on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp.
In a bowl, make the salsa by lightly stirring together the remaining red onion, avocado, tomato, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
To assemble the nachos, spread the bean mixture over the corn chips. Top with the salsa and garnish with jalapenos and sour cream. Serve immediately.
You could skip making salsa and instead serve it with Mexican chutney/sauce from Orientasian
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /