THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 brown onions, peeled and halved
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, or to taste
- 20 g coconut oil
- 400 g coconut milk
- 70 g Stock Concentrate
- 400 g water
- 400 g tofu, firm, diced
- 1000 g mixed vegetables, diced, Carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, cauliflower, zucchini etc
- flaked coconut, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- fresh chilli, to serve
- lime juice, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Place seeds in TM bowl, dry roast for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
3. Mill for 10 seconds, speed 10.
4. Add onion, garlic, turmeric, nutmeg and chilli, chop for 6 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
5. Add coconut oil, sauté for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
6. Add coconut milk, stock concentrate and water, mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
7. Place diced tofu in a large casserole dish and pour over coconut mixture. Cover dish with a tight fitting lid or foil and cook for 2 hours.
8. Remove lid/foil, add vegetables and cook for a further 1 hour.
Serve curry with rice, topped with flaked coconut, coriander, fresh chilli and a squeeze of lime juice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Vegan green curry
- Vegan All-Purpose Cheese Sauce from @ohsheglows
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake