- 1 heaped tablespoon Coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium red onion halved
- 2 cloves cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or seeds
- 500 grams pumpkin, roughly chopped 2-3 cm
- 400 grams potato, roughly chopped 2-3 cm
- 625 grams water
- 2 tablespoons Stock Concentrate
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 375 grams water
- 300 grams couscous, whole wheat organic if possible
- 1 heaped tablespoon TM vegie stock concentrate
- 30 grams soft or melted butter
- 200 grams seeded kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
Add coconut oil, onion and garlic to bowl and chop speed 5 for 5 seconds. Saute with MC off on 100 degrees 3 mins speed 1-2.
Add spices, avoiding the blades. Heat for 2 mins 100degrees speed 1-2 MC OFF, until fragrant.
Add pumpkin and potato, water and stock. Cook for 10 mins speed 1-2, 100 degrees.
Add chickpeas, cook with MC off, 10 mins speed 1-2, 90 degrees
Once cooked pour into a Thermoserver, and serve on top of cous cous.
Prepare Cous cous
Place cous cous into thermoserver.
Boil water in kettle. Add boiled water to a jug and stir thru butter and stock until combined, then pour over cous cous and stir through. Place lid on Thermoserver and let sit for 5+ minutes. Add olives and parsley.
Use quinoa or rice in place of cous cous. You will need to cook these though. Approx 15 mins Varoma speed 3. 1 Litre of water (Add flavours to the water- stock , garlic etc if you like!)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice