- 75 g Parmesan cheese
- 1500 g water
- 3 tbsp TM Vegetable or Chicken stock Paste
- 375 g brussels sprouts
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 30 g Butter
- 375 g arborio rice
- 75 g dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50 g extra butter, optional
1. Grate Parmesan cheese in TM bowl 10 seconds speed 8 and set aside.
2, Measure water and stock paste into TM bowl, insert simmering basket and bring to boil; 12 minutes 100 degrees speed 1.
3. Prepare Brussels sprouts by trimming and cutting a cross into each base.
4. Place Brussels sprouts into simmering basket and cook 5 minutes 100 degrees speed 1.
5. Using spatula remove simmering basket, setting Brussels sprouts aside; tip stock into ThermoServer, add saffron and cover.
6. Place onion into TM bowl, chop 2-3 seconds speed 7 and scrape down.
7. Add oil and butter and saute without MC 3 minutes Varoma temp. speed 1.
8. Add rice and saute without MC 2 minutes Varoma temp. speed 1 on reverse.
9. Add wine and deglaze without MC by cooking 2 minutes 100 degrees speed 1 on reverse.
10. Add stock with saffron and pepper and cook 15 minutes 100 degrees speed 1 on reverse.
11. Cut Brussels sprouts into quarters and place into ThermoServer.
12. Add Parmesan cheese and extra butter (if desired) and mix 1 minute speed 3 on reverse.
13. Tip risotto into ThermoServer on top of Brussels sprouts, cover and allow to stand 5 minutes before stirring and adjusting seasonings to taste.
14. Serve with grilled, oven roasted or pan fried Italian sausages, bacon or pancetta.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken rice paste
- Tuna Risotto
- Amazing Mac and cheese
- My kids favourite Bolognese
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- DATE DOUGHNUTS with Spiced Sugar
- TZATZIKI (Yoghurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Roast Garlic & Butternut Pumpkin 'Hummus'
- GARLIC & PARSLEY RISOTTO
- Curried Parsnip Pie
- Stir Fried Parsnips
- Parsnip Potato Bake
- Tasty Parsnip Mash
- BRUSSELS SPROUT 'CAKE'
- Brussel Sprouts in 7 Spice Broth
- SILVERBEET PANCETTA CALZONE
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce